Monday, 14 November 2011
3-D Paper Shape Ornaments
1. Watch these ornaments being created on Crayola CreaTiVe Workshop! To get started, cover your craft surface with newspaper. Wear a smock. Draw matching pairs of shapes on paper. Use your imagination or trace cookie cutter shapes with Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils.
2. Cut out the shapes with your Crayola Scissors. Children 3 years and younger can tear their shapes.
3. Decorate both sides of each paper shape using one of these techniques: - Outline a shape with Crayola Twistables® Slick Stix™ Crayons, marking all around the edges with thick, bright color. Use a bit of paper towel to brush color into the center of the shape. - Color the entire surface with a heavy layer of Crayola Crayon. Use a paper towel to rub the wax so it shines. - Create bright designs with Crayola Markers, Crayons, or Colored Pencils. Combine two or three different ones for unusual effects.
4. Arrange your decorated shapes in pairs. On one shape, cut a slit from the top down to the center. Cut a slit in the matching shape from the bottom up to the center.
5. Fit shapes together by sliding slits over each other. Use a hole punch to make a hole in the top of the ornament and tie with ribbon.